"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade wind in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." --Mark Twain

June 2, 2008

Haven´t Gotten Lost - Will be with you soon

June 2, 2008

I just arrived in Granada. I´m now in Spain!! Left Portugal behind. Today has been the most hectic, today I was all day on bus rides.

I went to Evora after Lisbon, small town slim chance for internet. Then to Salema, I mean a sleepy town!! no Interet, then long bus ride. I´m in a big city now and can write.
All is well here, it has been great. The bus rides to Salema, Portugal then from there to Granada, worked like a champ.Two changes and I lucked out with the timing.

Anyway, this is a fascinating city. Just got here, but amazing. Alley ways with Morrocan goods, incense, shops with Bong smokers (Hookahs) and a lot of Hippies. You can really see the Islamic influence here that was crushed 1000 years ago, yet still hangs on.
I´ll try to get another blog out on the last two Portuguese cities, it has been hard finding internet service, and that is good because the small cities are GREAT!!! I relaxed and really enjoyed the walled city of Evora, and the sleepy coast town of Salema.

I was worried, cuz the Algarve coast of Portugal has exploded, it was like a miami beach except worse, 1/2 mile deep of high rise for miles and miles, serving the European ¨sit on the beach¨market. Then I found Salema, still small, fishing village, not affected by it all. It´s on the southern coast of Portugal out West. Now into the big city. I´ll see the Alhambra on Wednesday, an amazing palace, a World Heritage site.

I´ll be back to you with details on my small Portugal City experience, now on to explore Granada

Yours in Travel
Bill