"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade wind in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." --Mark Twain

August 15, 2010

Luzern - Rain, Rain Go Away

August 11-12, Luzern

Hi all,

Well no hiking today, rain all day. Decided to go to the Transportation museum. Amazing place, again the Swiss know how to do museums. Where else do you have a commercial airliner and a cutaway of a steam engine. Fun museum ( I guess for engineers) But very kid friendly, they ride all over the museum in scooters. Tomorrow, will head to south Switzerland in the Italian portion of Switzerland. This will be a challenge, 4 different languages. Do I say Guten tag, Bonjourno, or Bonjour!

Luzern is a beautiful city, and changes very little over the years. I was here in 1964, in my college days. I compared a picture I took then of the river edge near the old water tower bridge, no noticeable change. :). Try that in Southern California !

Catch you down South - Arrivaderchi

- Bill