"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade wind in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." --Mark Twain

February 29, 2012

Off to Australia/New Zealand Feb 29 - March 19, 2012



Hi Friends and Family!
I'm off again to see another part of this amazing world while I still can. This year it’s a new continent – Australia. But I can’t resist while I’m "down under", to revisit New Zealand. That’s one of my favorites. This is my first “go back”, but its close so why not? There are a couple of World Heritage Sites I will try to bag, including the Great Barrier Reef (got to snorkel there!), the Sydney Opera house, and the Te Wahipounamu region in New Zealand.
Australia is huge, it stretches about the length of the United States from east to west. Imagine “seeing the US” in 20 days!! I think it will take two or more trips to really get a feeling for this amazing country, so I’ll try to just hit some highlights on this trip.
I'll try to post to the blog including some pictures and videos every couple of days. Check back and travel with me! Click on the posted pictures for a larger view. Past weekly postings can be found in the "archives" here on the blog along with some postings from my prior trips.
We’ll see you on the road!! If you can drop me a line, I'd love to hear from you. You can email me at: doubleucubed@mac.com
Yours in Travel,
Bill