"Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade wind in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover." --Mark Twain

May 17, 2006

Hi all,

Made it at last, lucky I am not in Miami still!!
The flight went great, it took over 24 hours. Two 5 hour legs, one 3 hour leg
and 7 hour layover in NYC. At JFK took the subway and Air tram into the city
for breakfast...was fun! Reminded me of the scenes on The Apprentice.

Bad weather over Miami, planes circled for an hour. I made my connection by
about 15 minutes, otherwise I'd still be in Miami. Wow

Got into Lima about 10pm, long wait for luggage, then just enough time to go to
bed, and then off to airport in morning to arrive at Arequipa.
But now the adventure begins, arrived in the city of Arequipa mid day, beautiful
city
wow, now this is really Peru! Big volcanoe mountain behind the city, I found a
hotel right on the main plaza (Plaza de Armas) Incredible dinner tonight an
watched the sun go down over Peru. Plan to stay here for 3 days.

More details on here sometime tomorrow, just wanted to let you know I got
here ok. Everything great.